Sun, 09 Jul|
Island Games Olympic Race
Rocquaine Individual Olympic Triathlon Sunday 9th July at Rocquaine from 11:50-16:00 Event information: On Sunday 9 July, triathletes will compete in an Olympic distance event based around Rocquaine from 11:50.
Time & Location
09 Jul 2023, 11:50
Guernsey, Rocquaine Bay, Guernsey
About the Event
Rocquaine Individual Olympic Triathlon
Sunday 9th July at Rocquaine from 11:50-16:00
- On Sunday 9 July, triathletes will compete in an Olympic distance event based around Rocquaine from 11:50.
- The 1500m swim will see competitors exit the water at the halfway point and turn around a mark before running back in what is known as an Australian exit.
- The three lap, 40km bike towards Lihou, looping around the headland, before going up L’Eree hill, turning right at the filter to go past the Mallard, out to Pleinmont and down the hill.
- The three-lap run is also spectator friendly, from transition triathletes run towards Le Coudre where they u-turn, come back along the road, head towards the Fairy Ring where there is another dead turn.
- The Guernsey Triathlon Club’s young members will be lining the slipway cheering competitors in and out of the water.
- Rue du Portelet and Route de la Lague will be closed from 08:00 until 17:30 on Sunday and the rest of the course from 11:30 to 16:00.
How to get to the race:
- There is limited public parking, but not at the venue so please consider alternative modes of transport – walk, cycle or use the free bus service!
- The Field adjacent to Fort Grey is a dedicated bike park, please arrive before the roads close at 11:30.
- Parking is available by the motocross track and there is off road parking up from the Coudre - any drivers must realise they will not be able to leave until the bike course reopens.
Places to view the race:
- The Imperial Hotel – overview of the swim, right next to the last corner of the bike course and run aid station; toilets and refreshments. The event will be live streamed on a large screen by The Imperial.
- Portelet Kiosk – right next to the run aid station; toilets and refreshments.
- Pavement by the parking layby – great view of the whole event, all the action in transition.
- The Venture Inn – bike course, just as athletes start the fast run back to transition; music, live stream screens, toilets and refreshments.
- Access between the layby and the Portelet kiosk via the road (run course) possible until the run course goes live, via the beach (tide dependant) when the run course is live.
Map of the route: